Condition Management serves members with long-term or chronic conditions such as asthma, diabetes, back pain and cardiovascular disease as well as a number of other conditions. Therefore, it’s one of the best ways to reduce some of your company’s biggest healthcare cost drivers.
Our nurses work directly with members to develop a care plan that can improve health while also saving on medical costs. Acting as an advocate and counselor, nurses assist with:
- Medical and prescription drug treatments
- Education on new or modified treatments
- Assessment tools to track progress
- Identifying appropriate healthcare providers
- Counseling and prevention education
Condition Management is a very important tool in your health management strategy. It can help reduce the number of doctor visits, emergency room visits and hospital stays. Overall, it generates better outcomes and lower costs.